Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Planning: The Planner

Last month I bit the bullet and ordered a Simplified Planner from Emily Ley. I'm forever on the search for the perfect planner. Filofax, Erin Condren, online planners, Staples brand, you name it. I've tried almost all of them. 


When Elise came out with her Get To Work Book I was super, super excited. I poured over the photos and video and almost pre-ordered one. And while I absolutely love that planner, I need something a little bit more structured time-wise. The Simplified Planner starts at 6am and goes all the way until 9pm! Check out more sample pages here.


I chose the 2015/2016 daily academic planner in the Happy Stripe which will work great for me since I'm going back to school this fall (the perpetual student). The website said they were shipping late May so I was surprised when I received an email two days later with my tracking information. It arrived safely at work in it's own keepsake box on May 15th (the day before my birthday for the win!). However, it was mispackaged. I ended up with a Mint weekly planner, which wouldn't work for me. I emailed them right away and they emailed me back with a prepaid label. They said they would send the correct one out once mine made it back to them. 


Patiently I waited for my planner to arrive. I tracked the one I sent back to them and saw that it had made it back on May 19th. I guess I assumed that I would receive another tracking number with the new shipment but never got one. Worried, because the Happy Stripe is now sold out, I sent an email back on Tuesday and still haven't heard anything. I know mix ups happen. I get that. Plus, they're closed on Fridays. Kinda peeved because I really want this planner and can't wait to get started personalizing it. I'm not one to bitch and moan, but really, I hope the ball doesn't get dropped on this one. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted.

In the mean time, check out this awesome video by Amy Tangerine on how she set her planner up!




{all photos by Emily Ley}

**Update** 06/05 - I received an email back on Tuesday, the day of the post, saying that Emily would check her PO box soon and they would email me with a tracking number when the new planner went out in the mail.

**Update/Update** It's here, and it's fabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment