Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (i.e., no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e., represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive . Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how to plan to achieve it.
2. Stay focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Start Date: May 30, 2014
End Date: February 24, 2017
Number of Items Completed: 7/101
Number of Items In Progress: 3/101
1. Try stand up paddle boarding
2. Watch the sun rise.
4. Have a day-long Netflix marathon
5. Hike the Wonderland Trail (or at least a good portion of it)
6. Take a glass blowing class
7. Eat no sweets for a week
8. Visit 5 national parks
9. Go to a drive-in
10. Watch 100 movies I've never seen (See the list here.) (In progress)
11. Go camping.
12. Complete a 30-day yoga challenge
13. Take a dance class.
16. Design/get another tattoo.
17. Go electronic free for a weekend
18. Visit Niagra Falls
19. Make another quilt
20. Donate blood
22. Learn how to make granny squares
23. Fill a sketchbook
24. Go horseback riding
25. Take a hike in the woods
26. Go skinny dipping
27. Adopt a dog
28. Wear a 'free hugs' sign for a day
30. Participate in a polar plunge
31. Build a gingerbread house
32. Visit Time's Square on New Year's Eve
33. Redesign my blog (In progress)
34. Go to Bonnaroo
35. Visit Mystic Aquarium
36. Explore Nantucket
37. See a play on Broadway
39. Organize my iTunes collection
40. Attend the Boston Marathon
41. Go see The Black Keys in concert
42. Find the perfect little black dress
43. Blog at least once a week (In progress)
44. Spend a night star gazing
45. Achieve a healthy BMI
46. Create an emergency fund
47. Swim with sharks
48. Take a belly dance class
49. Go to a planetarium
50. Volunteer at a shelter
51. Visit a lighthouse.
52. Buy a DSLR
53. Hike to the top of a mountain
54. Visit 3 new cities
55. Go snorkeling
56. Explore the Outer Banks
57. Go to a wine festival
58. Spend a relaxing day at the beach
59. Go tubing down a river
60. Fly first class
61. Complete the 30 day squat challenge
63. Have breakfast in bed
64. Get my LTC permit.
65. Complete the December Daily project
66. Go zip-lining again
67. Get a stamp on my passport
68. Buy a stranger coffee
69. Take a shot with a bartender
70. Ride in a limo
71. Buy Cards Against Humanity sets
72. Create a memory box
73. Visit an orchard
74. Start a business
75. Pay off my debt
76. Go to a costume party
77. Visit a dermatologist
78. Go meatless for one month
79. Finish my Alaskan Blurb book
80. Eat breakfast every day for one month
81. Find a smoothie recipe I actually enjoy
82. Go paintballing
83. Complete five 5k races
84. Take a cooking class
85. Log at least 15 miles a week (In progress)
86. Hike the Appalachian Trail (or sections of it)
87. Design a set of PL cards
88. Go to a Patriots game
89. Visit the Grand Canyon
90. Take a self-defense class
91. Go sledding
92. Fly in a helicopter
93. Spend a day at the spa
94. Hang out in Newport, RI for a weekend
95. Go on a whale watch
96. Make homemade pickles
97. Stand in a waterfall
98. Go sailing
99. Complete another Color Run
100. Make 10 scarves to donate to the homeless
101. On day 1001, publish a new 101 list
Follow my blog with Bloglovin