Saturday, May 30, 2015

May Book Report


I've finally started reading again on a fairly decent basis, which is great. Most of these books come from recommendations from other blogs I read. So I figured hey, share! Spread the book love around. Here's what I read this past month.

1. The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes - I read You Before Me in April and fell in love with her writing. I enjoy how this one flip flops between past and present characters throughout the book. 

2. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides - Kelly had recommended this book in one of her book report posts so I figured I'd give it a try. It took me a bit to get into it but once I did, I was hooked. 

3. Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris - If you're a fan of the Sookie Stackhouse series, I think you'll like this series as well. It's a bit mysterious and has some supernatural elements to it. This is the first book in the series, followed by Day Shift which I plan on reading in June.

4. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight - (Currently reading) I'm about half way through this book and love it. It's a mash up of blog posts, texts and also the first person perspective of the major characters. It's about a young girl who commits suicide (or did she?) and follows along as her mom tries to find out what really happened.

5. The Dinner by Herman Koch - Not gonna lie, I almost gave up on this book about half of the way in. I kinda figured out the plot and was a little bored with it. But in my push to start reading more (and actually finish books), I worked my way through the rest of it. Without giving too much away, it's about two couples that meet over dinner to discuss their sons. While it was well written, it definitely was different. I'm still not sure I liked it.


I only have 2 books on my 'to read' list for June and need some more suggestions. What have you guys been reading lately?

Click on the images below to download for your Kindle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment