Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Jen's Picks: Beauty Products

Hi all! I've been brainstorming for new blog content and I've come up with a monthly Jen's Picks post. Each month I'll be showcasing products that I use and think are pretty amazing. August is all about beauty products/skincare. Here's my top rated items. (Links to products are at the bottom of the post.)




My skin is super super sensitive. I've yet to find any liquid or cream foundation that doesn't make my face break out. I've been using bareMinerals Original Foundation for over a year now and I love it. It doesn't feel gritty like some other mineral powders I've tried and it actually covers imperfections pretty well. A couple swipes with my trust kabuki brush and I'm good to go.


I received a sample of the Diorshow Mascara from Sephora in one of my orders and I instantly fell in love with it. The wand separates your lashes and it containers microfibers for an extended lash. It's also free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates. 


If you have sensitive skin like I do, or are prone to redness, this little tube of Make Up Forever's Base Correctrice is just the thing for you. Just a little bit rubbed between your fingers and dabbed on to your skin will erase (seriously) any redness and helps overall tone. Usually when my face is behaving badly I use this, cover with the bareMinerals and you can't even tell I had any redness at all. 


Once a week I like to give my skin a really good cleaning so I use Origins' Clear Improvement charcoal mask. It's perfect for any skin type. Dry, oily, combination, you name it. And it works perfectly to get those deep pore cloggers. My skin is super smooth after each use.


Five days out of the week I usually curl my hair. I've tried many different heat protectants but Paul Mitchell's Hot Off The Press seems to work the best for me. I spray a little on the ends, give it a quick brush through and style as usual. My hair stays soft and I don't see any damage. 


How is it that a little $4.00 drug store buy can be my favorite eyeliner OF ALL TIME? Rimel's Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner is amazing. It's not as soft as a Kohl but does have some give if you're going for a smoky eye. Twist cap and a blender at the back.


A bit pricey, but StriVectin-AR's Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment is so worth it. I dab a little under my eyes every other day and have noticed my small lines starting to fade. I don't know what's in it, but it's worth it's weight in gold!


Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum was another Sephora sample that I received. It sat in my cosmetic bag for a few weeks when I decided to try it out one day. It makes my skin feel fresh and a little dewy. I throw it on at night before bed and let it do it's magic. 


I keep these Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Wipes everywhere. In the bathroom, my bag, the car. They're perfect for taking off foundation and also do an excellent job with eye makeup as well. 


Simple's Protecting Moisturizer is the best I've found so far. Each morning after washing my face, I apply this before my makeup. It's got an SPF 15 rating which is perfect for me since I work nights and can't remember the last time I've seen the sun. It's super light and doesn't leave my face feeling slick afterwards. 

Click on the photos for item details.


                            

No comments:

Post a Comment