Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Book Report: September


The Confession / John Grisham - I've been a fan of Grisham for quite some time and have read almost all of his books. This one however has been sitting in my Kindle for a few days, still untouched. I seem to be juggling a few books at a time lately. The Confession is about a wrongly accused man who is about to be executed and the actual murderer who is trying to convince everyone that they have the wrong guy. 

The Scrapetta Factor / Patricia Cornwell - Only Cornwell can make me want to drop everything and make me want to go back to school to be an ME. (Dream job!) The Scarpetta Factor is book 17 in the Scarpetta series and Kay and company are set up in NYC for this murder. It doesn't disappoint. 

Luckiest Girl Alive / Jessica Knoll - I've had this on my OverDrive wish list FOREVER and finally saw it on sale at Ocean State for $2.99. Hello? Yes, please. Knoll's writing definitely reminds me of Gillian Flynn, in that dark twisty way, and I even got some IG love from Knoll herself (totally fan-girling over that because, why not?) There's a HUGE twist that I was not at all expecting towards the end of the book. I won't spoil it so you'll just have to read it yourself. 

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child / J.K. Rowling - *sigh* I picked this book up days after it came out and have only made it 1/4 of the way in. (I know.) It's one of those I-don't-want-it-to-end-so-I'm-dragging-my-ass-reading-it kinda things. Come on, Rowling! Bring back Potter!

No comments:

Post a Comment